Your gifts helps us fulfill our mission to train students to develop the intellectual, ethical and practical skills for a creative future. Through our production work and our classroom curriculum we strive to develop core values in each of our students.
Our core values are:
- Discovery: we foster exploration of courage, compassion and connection in a safe atmosphere through relevant projects and productions.
- Collaboration: we value integrative programming that promotes teamwork, problem solving, diverse perspectives and professionalism.
- Skills: we teach students effective presence through verbal, physical and imaginative expression to convey ideas in compelling performances and presentations.
- Mentorship: students receive personal guidance provided by faculty, staff and artistic associates. An emphasis on small class size enhances students’ potential for rapid development.
- Future Opportunities: from theory to practice, our network of professional associates and alumni help students enter the world through auditions and interviews for internships, apprenticeships, graduate studies and many other careers.
Thank you for your support of the Detroit Mercy Theatre Company and the Department of Performing Arts!